Here is an update on the proposed hydro-electric generating station at the Bala falls.
Our next FUNdraiser – Saturday July 4, 2015
Come out to support the Bala falls, on Saturday July 4, 2015 anytime from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, in and around Margaret Burgess Park in Bala. Learn more about what is happening, and get your T-shirts, buttons, posters, postcards, lawn signs and car decals. All proceeds go to our Legal Challenge Fund. A flyer is here.
Big news – charitable donation tax receipts
And now in addition to the support of the Muskoka Lakes Association, Moon River Property Owners Association, and the Wahta Mohawks First Nation, we now have increased support from the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario. You can now receive a charitable donation tax recepit for donations to SaveTheBalaFalls.com. Donations will be applied to our Legal Challenge Fund.
- Depending on your tax situation, this reduces your after-tax cost of donating by 30% to 40%.
- Donations can be made on-line, and you immediately get your official tax receipt.
- Details are here, or just go to SaveTheBalaFalls.com, where there’s a Click to Donate icon.
- As for the last ten years, the proponent still does not have all approvals needed to proceed.
- In fact, the proponent has made environmentally-significant changes to their previously approved plans and this appears to invalidate some of the approvals they do have. Either the proponent should be required to provide environmental assessment of their current plans, or this confirms the environmental assessment process has been a farce all along.
- Instead, the proponent has decided to provide nonsense, false and deceptive statements, and has made unsubstantiated claims in areas outside of their competence.
We continue to pursue this, more detail is posted here.
Moon River Property Owners Association’s Canada Day birthday party – you’re invited
Also on Saturday July 4, 2015, the Moon River Property Owners Association invites you to their 5th annual Canada Day Birthday Party in Margaret Burgess Park.
- Come at 8:30 pm for free cake, ice cream, and music, and to watch the fireworks across the Moon River.
- Bring a non-perishable food donation for the West Muskoka Food Bank.
- A flyer with additional details is here.
Keep in Touch
- Ask your friends and family to sign themselves up to receive these e-Newsletters, the link is at the top-right at SaveTheBalaFalls.com
- Follow us on Twitter, at @SaveBalaFalls
- Follow us on Facebook, at Save the Bala Falls
- E-mail us at info@SaveTheBalaFalls.com