Some recent events and articles …
- On September 21, 2017 the proponent hosted a “Construction Meeting” in the Bala Community Centre, which was their fourth public meeting, in the more than 12 years they’ve been pursuing this opportunity. Huntsville’s YourTV covered the event, and their reporting is here.
- YourTV posted additional coverage of the proponent’s Construction Meeting here.
- The proponent made many incorrect and misleading statements during their Construction Meeeting, a letter detailing some of these is posted in the article here.
- September 25, 2017, Question Period: During the Ontario Legislature’s Question Period on September 25, 2017, our MPP Norm Miller asks the Minister of MNRF for the public safety plan on how the proposed hydro-electric generating station at the Bala falls could be operated safely. She refuses to provide it. The video is here.
- Septmber 28, 2017, Question Period: On September 28, 2017 MPP Miller asks again for the public safety plan, and the Minister again refuses to provide it, as you can see here. A public safety plan which both the proponent and government refuses to disclose to the public, that sounds very bad. What are they hiding.
- In response to a Letter to the Editor (on-line here, archived copy here), on October 5, 2017 MuskokaRegion.com published our response (on-line here, archived copy here).
- At the proponent’s Construction Meeting, they stated people are not “supposed to be” in the Moon River. This is not true, which my dictionary says is therefore a lie. We’ve posted more detail here.