Hello, and welcome to the SaveTheBalaFalls.com web site.
Save the Bala Falls is a conduit for information about the proposed hydro-electric generating station at the Bala falls. For years we have been trying to find out:
- Would the proposed station be safe?
- Would it be as beautiful as the area is?
- Would there be enough water over the falls to continue to draw people to Bala?
We are delighted that the Muskoka Lakes Association has passed a resolution (letter to Township of Muskoka Lakes here, newsletter article on page 5 here) in opposition to the project as currently proposed. The Bala falls need your help, It would be great if you, and your family and friends could:
- Sign yourself up for our e-Newsletters here. We send a brief factual e-mail every month or so. We promise not to share your e-mail address or use it for any other purpose. Let others know they can sign themselves up using the link at the top-right at SaveTheBalaFalls.com
- If you’d like to volunteer please contact us at info@SaveTheBalaFalls.com. We’d especially like to hear from any lawyers who wish to help, or anyone who knows senior politicians who can make a difference.
- You can make a donation to this effort here.
- If you have any questions, contact us here.
Our current e-Newsletter is here – please read it as there’s an e-mail you can send right now to help save the Bala falls.
Thank you for your support!